Monday, July 31, 2017

Christmas in July: Miss Kane's Christmas


Image result for miss kane's christmas
With Christmas only three days away, Carol Claus agrees to her father’s request that she leave the North Pole on a mission to help save Christmas. Joining single father Ben Hanson and his children for the holidays seems an easy enough task until Santa informs her that Ben is the man behind the disturbing new book ‘Beyond Bah Humbug: Why Lying to Your Children about Santa Claus is a Bad Idea’.

Posing as Miss Kane, the children’s new nanny, Carol pulls out all the stops to show Ben how fun Christmas can be, all the while struggling to understand how one man could hate the holidays so much. How could she, Santa’s only daughter, be so attracted to a man who refuses to believe her father exists?





My Thoughts: Read a Christmas book in July? Why not?! This novella caught my attention because of its cute cover. The hot weather we've been having made me hope that the snow on the cover will cool me down. Plus, I was looking forward to reading a sweet romance story with a touch of magic.

The plot of the novella was adorable. Santa's daughter was sent to save Christmas for a family that was trying to survive life after a tragedy. Little did she know, Carol was going to become something much more than a savior. Though the idea of Carol being Santa's daughter and the quick romance (and I mean quick) that developed might have made me roll my eyes, it completely worked for this story. Carol's joy and innocence reminded me that of Elf from the movie, though not as naive. Reading her excitement towards Christmas and trying to work around Ben's brooding attitude made me smile. And for being a book of less than 100 pages, the pacing was perfect.

The romance between Carol and Ben could be laughable, but hey...it's a Christmas story! They literally knew each other for two (maybe three) days and they were already madly in love with each other. I had to quiet my rational mind on how absurd that was and had to focus on the charm of the story instead. Luckily, it wasn't that hard.

Reading a Christmas story in July was perfect! It made me joyous and made me look forward towards the holidays. Plus, I was introduced to a new author who has other books in this series. I am looking forward to reading them during the winter! I rate this book:





I read this book as part of the Christmas in July Readathon.

1 comment:

  1. I like the cove of this book as well. It's a cute book cover.

    Good review! I enjoy reading holiday themed books and this one looks/sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete