Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Audiobook: Cinderella Deal by Jennifer Crusie

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51CTJTgsXzL._AA300_.jpgRead by Susan Boyce
Duration: 5 hours and 59 minutes


Daisy Flattery is a free spirit with a soft spot for strays and a weakness for a good story. Why else would she agree to the outrageous charade offered by her buttoned-down workaholic neighbor, Linc Blaise? The history professor needs to have a fianc'e in order to capture his dream job, and Daisy is game to play the role. But something funny happens on their way to the altar that changes everything. Now, with the midnight hour approaching, will Daisy lose her prince, or will opposites not only attract but live happily ever after?


Audiobooks.com  *  Overdrive


My Thoughts: If someone offered you money to marry them for a year, would you do it? To be honest, what attracted me to this book was the cover, not the offer ;). I adored the cover! I thought the dog was super cute. For some reason, I thought the book centered around the dog. However, the dog was very minor to the story and did not showed up until halfway in. I was not disappointed, though, because I found myself enjoying this audiobook very much!

The story was a little silly but fun. We had two main characters, Daisy and Linc, who were absolutely opposites of each other. Daisy was the artist who was the master in the art of storytelling, aka lying. Linc was the hardworking professor who was serious and liked things clean. Though the idea of going to one's neighbor and paying them to lie that she's your fiancee could be absurd, but in Linc's case I found it intriguing. At first I thought that the deal was too good to be true and a little unrealistic, but I found myself enjoying how it developed. The storytelling and the chemistry between the characters were entertaining. It had me wondering how Linc and Daisy were going to hook-up; and when they did, it was hot! The ending also had me grinning.

Susan Boyce narrated this book and did a wonderful job. She was able to capture the characters very well and knew how to exaggerate at certain areas. My favorite was when she read for Daisy because Daisy was such a fun character. Ms. Boyce too had the talent of storytelling. I was completely engaged listening to her.

Overall, this was a very entertaining audiobook. Yes, it was not about a dog like I expected before reading it but I still found myself highly entertained. The story was very well read by a talented reader and I liked how the story developed. I rate it:

2 comments:

  1. that's such a hilarious plotline! hmm, i guess it depends who is asking me to marry them:) and how much they're offering! LOL.
    great review! thanks for sharing! and i agree, that cover is adorable!
    glad to hear you enjoyed this book! i have a hard time listening to audiobooks but i'm trying to get back into them!
    Emily @ www.rabbitholereviews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't?

      Now trying to get into audio books, try lighter reads to get you hooked.

      Delete