Monday, April 20, 2015

LA Times Festival of Books 2015

 http://www.keckmedicine.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/FESTIVAL-Header-1024x313.jpg

This past Sunday, I went to 
The Los Angeles Times Festival of Books!!!! 

I had so much fun!
 
 Last year, I was frantic going to author signings to authors signings, and I did it for both days. I remember how exhausted and sore I was by the end of the festival weekend.

This year, I planned to take it easy. My plan was to meet a few authors, spend time with my sister and friend, and enjoy the atmosphere. I pretty much wanted to relax.


Here's how it went:

I arrived early with the intention of getting my spot for the author interview and author signing with Jason Segel. 

For those that don't know, Jason Segel is a famous comedian, actor, writer, and producer. He is absolutely hilarious...plus, I have small crush on him ;) He has also debuted his first children's book, Nightmares!

Jason arriving for his interview

Book signing with Jason Segel
While I was at Jason's book chat, I was also anxious to meet a favorite author of mine whom happened to be speaking at the same time. Luckily, my friend arrived at that time and was able to catch Victor Villasenor's interview and she was able to save me a spot for the signing.

Villasenor's popular novel

Vonnie with Victor Villasenor
The backstory to Villasenor's signature
I began to roam around the festival enjoying all of the different tents. I was stoked to see one for the Pantages Theater, which had actual costumes from the production of Phantom of the Opera. For those that don't know, I am a HUGE PHAN!!!!

Costumes from Phantom of the Opera

As the day was getting hotter and my skin began to burn, I decided to go to my last book signing. As I was waiting in line, I finally met for the first time a fellow book blogger and Shelfari friend: Sarah aka Sawcat!!! 
It was exciting to finally meet her since we've been trying to catch each other at the festival for the past couple of years. She's an awesome blogger and a sweet person.
You can check her out at Sawcat's Book Blog

Vonnie and Sawcat
Sawcat and I then said our goodbyes and returned to our spots in line for Marie Lu.

Marie Lu signing my book

She's adorable!
After six hours, I decided to call it a day. But before I did that, I had to make sure to leave my name on one of LA Times' Posters:


And take a picture with the 20th Anniversary Banner depicting the book festival's past themes:



It was a wonderful day. It turned out exactly what I was hopping for...well...except for getting sunburned. *sigh*

Thanks for checking out another one of my book festival experiences! I hope you enjoyed!!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, looks like you had an awesome time... Except for the sunburn part, ouch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a great time! Hopefully you can come down some year and experience it :)

      Delete