Monday, January 5, 2015

Bout of Books 12: Day 1

Bout of Books 

For more information on the read-a-thon visit Bout of Books

So excited for the first day of the read-a-thon! Though my main focus is to tackle my review reads, I do plan to have fun by participating as many challenges as possible and visiting other bloggers to encourage them.

Here are the two challenges that kick-off the read-a-thon:

Bookshelf Scavenger Hunt 



 Find a book with the following criteria on a bookshelf:
1. Find an author with the same initials as you: Okay my initials are actually IR but I couldn't find an author with these so  I went with my alias "Vonnie" to make VR-- From Out of the Shadows by Vicki Ruiz
2. Find a book with the color yellow on it: The Accidental Santera by Irete Lazo 

3. Find an author’s name with the letter “S” in it: Salome by Maria Strova
4. Find a book with a female protagonist: Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
5. Find the longest book you own: Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon (it's 1000+ pages)
6. Find a book with a map in it or on it: Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas 

7. Find a book with a face on it (photograph or illustrated): Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor
Bonus: Find something on your shelf that isn’t a book--A "Wench" shot glass, a "Sauron" broken pewter shot glass, and a gold peacock barrette.




New Year’s Resolutions 
hosted by The Book That

Whether you have made reading resolutions or want to use general life resolutions you have made over the New Year holiday, pick books with titles that relate to each of your resolutions. You can post as many or as few as you would like. 


Vonnie's Resolutions:
 

Across a Hundred Mountains by Reyna Grande-- I have hundreds of books in my TBR pile that are starting to look like the Rocky Mountains. For 2015, I hope to tackle these mountains. 

Dreams of Joy by Lisa See-- My dreams for 2015 is to continue traveling even if it's to a different state. There were talks about going to Egypt; it might not happen this year but I will start saving for it this year. 

See How They Run by James Patterson-- Okay...our annual gala show is coming up in March so that means that it's time to "suffer." Our master dance coach is coming to teach intensive workshops before the show. That means 14 hours of dance from the workshops, 14+ hours of rehearsals a week, and most likely a few hours of private lessons with the master coach. I must start building up my stamina to survive the trainings and be fit for the show.  Here I go trying to find my running shoes! Aye!


Did you participate in the challenges today?

6 comments:

  1. I just finished reading Throne of Glass last night so I'm really happy to see it in your entry! I love your finds! Happy Bout of Books reading!
    Stefani @ Caught Read Handed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm excited that it's going to be a read-along over at 2015 TBR Challenge. I've been wanting to read this :)

      Delete
  2. Love your books, but never read these myself. Should check them out sometime :) Have a great bout of books reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a very eclectic taste. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Nice job on the challenges for Day One of BOB!! I only participated in the New Year's Resolutions challenge yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that I would have more time to do the challenges. Nope.

      Delete