Friday, May 9, 2014

New Blog Look!!!

Hi everyone!
What do you think of my new blog look? 


I'm absolutely loving it! It combines my both passions: books and belly dancing.

Remember my old one?


It was a gorgeous and unique one, but it wasn't mine. It was actually borrowed from one of those free blog template websites (for the life of me, I can't remember the website's name). As much as I liked the old blog look, I've been wanting to personalize my blog for a while now. I had all these ideas, but I couldn't seem to be able to create them. Fortunately I have a very talented friend and dance comrade who was able to help me out.

Jaana Baker is a wonderful photographer, artist, belly dancer, and a new mom! Here's her original drawing that I asked her to make for me:




Isn't it gorgeous?!

Thanks to her, I am now able to design my blog to fit more of my style. It also displays my favorite colors, which makes me quite happy.

Make sure you check my friend, Jaana, out at:

Tumblr  *  Blog  *  Facebook


Also, I have a button!
Please feel free to grab it :)


10 comments:

  1. Wow! The new look looks great Vonnie. Well done.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love the new look!
    Its fun, pretty and sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again, Wendy!
      I'm glad that it looks "sophisticated" :)

      Delete
  3. Vonnie, this is AWESOME!!! I LOVE your new blog look!! I never told you, but I didn't like that creepy-looking skull. Lol. And you're right -- this is more YOU. That drawing your friend Jeana did is GORGEOUS. She's very talented!! And now I have a button from your blog to put on mine!! YAY!!! CONGRATS ON THE NEW LOOK!! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I can see how the skull seemed "creepy" since I had the same feeling when I first saw it. But, I was completely drawn to the artistic look of the old blog that I kept it.

      I'm glad that I was able to finally get my style though and my friend Jaajaa (Jaana) did an amaaaazing job accomplishing it.

      Oh, and thank you for grabbing my button :D

      Delete
    2. You're right -- the overall look of the blog was very nice. If only that skull hadn't been there.....but now you have a new design, which is absolutely GORGEOUS!!

      You're very welcome for the button-grabbing! Lol. I've always wanted to have a button for your blog, since you have mine. Now I have one!

      Enjoy your beautiful blog, just like all of us readers are!! : )

      Delete
    3. Thanks again for the compliments!

      Delete
  4. Looks great! I think it's great to have a more personal look, that reflects who you are. I would love to do that as well. One day I'll get around to it! I didn't realise you liked belly dancing, I took a few classes a long long time ago, but it's lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment!
      It feels great to have your blog be personalized. I hope you get the chance to so with yours as well. I also hope you'll be motivated again to take up those belly dance classes. With the right mentor, you can come to fall in love with this beautiful dance.

      Delete