Thursday, February 6, 2014

Friday Posts, 2/7/14



This hop is hosted by Billy over at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. Every week bloggers answer a question and then visit other blogs that are participating.  This week's question is:

What is the highest number of books you received in one day either in the mail or from UPS or FedEx?
  


A: I think it was my Book Closeouts order. 10 books arrived for me in one day. I was quite joyous. :)




Book Beginnings on Friday is hosted by Rose City Reader and The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice.


A Tricky Game by Seraphima Bogomolova

The beginning: "Tearing out of the night, a silver Bentley whizzes along the curb and stops before the 911 Aurora club on Petrovka Street."

Page 56: "Tonight's event has gathered here guests from Moscow and St Petersburg, the great capitals of Russia, the current and the former one. Let this celebration unite the guests of the two cities in joyfulness, making them, if only for one night, free of any rivalry."

Huh...I'm not sure how to take these lines yet. I'm about to start this novella and I hope I end up enjoying it. 

13 comments:

  1. Sounds intriguing. My hubby might like it. Happy Friday.

    http://www.thebusymomsdaily.com/2014/02/the-friday-56-week-164.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an intriguing novella, the setting sounds fitting to whatever game they're going to play. Happy reading! :)

    My Friday Book Memes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only ever received like 4 or 5 books in one day. :-)
    Intriguing cover for A Tricky Game. That beginning leaves me wanting more too. With the 56, why do I think all is not going to be as joyous an occasion as expected.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great beginning! I would pick it up....

    Here is my Book Beginning post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of getting 10 books at the same time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Bentley tells you something about the characters, doesn't it? After all, it could have been a Ford pickup! The Friday56 excerpt sounds like a toast to me. Sounds like there's lots of intrigue in this book.
    Here's the link to my Friday post: HANK & CHLOE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ten is awesome.

    ENJOY your day.

    Stop by for giveaways on my blog if you haven't stopped yet.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth

    Silver's Reviews

    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess the author is Russian (surname sounds it) and I think if I remember my Russian lessons correctly, the writing of Tricky has the Russian 'i'. quite clever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hard to tell where the story is going from the two quotes. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds interesting. I look forward to seeing what you think. Thanks for stopping by to see my post at Leopards and Dragons today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 10 books in one day? How wonderful!

    The excerpts, intriguing. Is this a thriller?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great excerpt. Haven't heard of this one.
    Here's mine - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/02/08/the-friday-56-15-the-devil-you-know/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yayyy! 10 books in the mail, I would love that!! The book excerpts sounds interesting, I hope you do enjoy it! =)

    ReplyDelete