Tuesday, December 17, 2013

#ReadingCram: Song Challenge

readingcram^^Click on the banner above to sign up for the read-a-thon^^
 
If this sounds like something you'd like to join, visit the hosts blogs for more info on how you can sign up! Dana Square and Juliababyjen's Reading Room.

Tanya @ Book Loving Hippo is the host for this challenge.
 
Dec 17 Song Challenge 

Pick any book read in 2013, and choose a song(s) that best describes the book. You can even create a playlist if you want!--post links to songs (youtube, spotify, etc)

I'm going to put my Galaxy phone on shuffle and try to match books with the random songs that pop up. It'll be hard since I have a lot of Egyptian/belly dance music. Here goes!!!

1st Song:


 
"We're Not Gonna Take It" by Twisted Sister
 
Great song! The title alone made me think of a book where the humans in the vampire world rebel against the vampires in order to survive the game. This is The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda.
 
 
 2nd Song:
 
 
 "On My Own" from Les Miserables Movie Soundtrack
 
Okay...I was not expecting this song to come up. I went through a horrible break-up towards the end of last year. It completed shattered me. A friend of mine had me read this book to help me heal. Though I first read it in December 2012, I have been reading snippets here and there throughout this year. The book is Heal My Heart, Lord by Emilie Barnes.
 
 
3rd Song:
 
 
"Ben el 3aser wel Maghreb" (a Lebanese song)
 
Ooh I like this song. I don't speak Arabic but what I've read about this song, it sounds like men preparing for battle (correct me if I'm wrong, please). It sounds too happy to me to be a war song to me. The only book that comes to mind that can go best with this is, What Once Was One by Marc Johnson. The main character is a wizard and must battle against mythical creatures in order to save his kingdom.
 
 
 4th song:

 "El Tango of Roxanne" from Moulin Rouge

This is a song about dark desires over a prostitute that can drive a person mad. The only book that comes close to is Desire by B.L. Wilde. The main character is a Seductor and her job is to seduce the target into getting what the buyer wants. Of course there's immediate attraction between the Seductor and the target which leads to some consequences.


5th Song:
 "Love Never Dies" the title song for Andrew Lloyd Webber's musical

This is a pretty song where it talks about how love doesn't die no matter what. I re-read my all-time favorite book this year where the main characters have such a beautiful love story, Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.


 
So how did I do? Do you agree with my matches?

2 comments: