Thursday, October 31, 2013

Friday Posts, 11/01/13



This hop is hosted by Billy over at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. Every week bloggers answer a question and then visit other blogs that are participating.  This week's question is:

When you are out of town, do you still participate in weekly memes or do you have your post scheduled to appear on your blog and perhaps check back? Or do you not participate at all? (submitted by Elizabeth)
  


A: I don't really go out of town since I am too busy working and dancing. When I do have events though, I sometimes skip doing the weekly memes. I try to post every week and I make sure that my scheduled posts are all taken care of before my busiest days.

 


Book Beginnings on Friday is hosted by Rose City Reader and The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice.


 Face by Cecile Pineda

The beginning: " On March 21, 19--, as he raced down a path in the outlying hills of the Whale Back, a man lost his footing. His fall from the footholds cut into the rock high above the bay left him unconscious and terribly mutilated."
 
Page 56: "The Old One, they called him. No one knew exactly how old he was. Not a very promising example for a barber either, with his greying stubble of a beard, never quite clean-shaved, in his yellowing undershirt, always with his hat on, even at noon."
 
I've had this book in my pile for years. I wonder if it's time that I finally pick it up and start reading it.
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Oh, that fall sounds really terrifying...and I'm thinking his face must have been ruined....thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great beginning that starts with plenty of action. Your Friday 56 intrigued me too. Why did he always wear a hat? If he's the man who was mutilated in the opening paragraph, could his head by disfigured? I hope you'll get around to reading this and write a review.
    Here's my post: Book Beginnings & Friday 56.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vonnie,

    I couldn't resist!!! Your words had me so intrigued, as did that very esoteric cover art, that I just had to check out the synopsis.

    The original cover art is obviously more basic, but to me, just as disturbing. As a debut novel of its time, this book really must have pushed the boundaries.

    A definite for my list, thanks for sharing and have a good weekend,

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scary beginning for sure.

    I pre-schedule my posts and try to stop in and comment if I can.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Odd cover. I like the snippets though, very descriptive.

    Happy Movember and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Freda, that cover is strange.
    I don't schedule memes.
    Here's My Post

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that opening passage is horrifying!

    Thanks for playing along on Book Beginnings!

    ReplyDelete